When selecting a diamond, shape is one of the most important factors to consider.
Not to be confused with Cut, Shape refers to the contours and outlines of the stone.
Diamond shape preference is purely personal. Educate yourself on diamonds' shape names:
- Marquise Diamond: Elongated stone with gracefully pointed ends
- Radiant Cut Diamond: Fairly new, sparkly and elegant
- Trilliant Cut Diamond: Triangular with straight or curved sides
- Baguette: Less expensive, often frame the center stone
- Oval Diamond: Brilliant and fiery, gives the illusion of a bigger stone
- Emerald Cut Diamond: Rectangular, with beveled corners
- Princess Cut Diamond: A square stone with 90-degree corners
- Round Cut Diamond: Most popular
- Asscher Diamond: Uniquely angled and cropped corners
- Round Brilliant Diamond: Boasts excellent light refraction properties
- Tapered Baguette: Beautifully showcases a larger center stone
- Heart Shaped Diamond: Symbolizes love and affection
- Pear Shaped Diamond: Elegantly resembles a drop of water