2016 was Cleveland's year to win!
The Cleveland Cavaliers commemorated their first-ever NBA crown with super-symbolic championship rings.
Designed in 10-karat white gold with 14-karat gold accents, the rings are encrusted with more than 400 diamonds weighing 6.5 carats. The massive 165-gram, two-tone rings are the league’s heaviest to date.
These gem encrusted beauties reflect the spirit of a team that defied all odds to become the first in NBA history to overcome a 3-1 series deficit. Each design element is significant to their Championship journey:
- The seven gemstones on the bottom of the band represent the victories and losses during the championship series. The white diamonds represent the Warriors’ victories in Games 1, 2 and 4, and the deep red garnets represent the Cavaliers’ victories in Games 3, 5, 6 and 7.
- The face of the ring features the Cavaliers’ “C” logo carved from a dark red garnet. The “C” has a black drop-shadow that represents the lucky black-sleeved uniforms that helped turn the series around in Game 5.
- The words “WORLD” and “CHAMPIONS” border the top and bottom of the ring in contrasting yellow gold. The words are rendered with 216 diamonds, a nod to Cleveland’s area code.
- Cascading along the right and left edges of the ring are 46 diamonds, representing the number of years the Cavaliers have been in existence.
- Encircling the top of the ring are the numbers of each of the players rendered in gold and spaced by a diamond. In addition, each ring has a custom yellow gold banner that features the player’s number encrusted in diamonds.
- The Roman numerals “LII” sit under the bridge. This represents the 52 years the city has been waiting for a championship. The drought is now “water under the bridge.”
- More than 2,000 full- and part-time employees of the Cleveland Cavaliers’ organization will receive replica rings.
You can get your own version of the players' ring through the Cavaliers Team Shop. This Premium Deluxe Championship Fan Ring contains 10kt and 14kt Gold with 3.5ct Diamonds, and is priced at $11,999.00.